I’m 45 years old, a 28-year Florida resident and a 12-year citizen of Flagler County. Elected to the Palm Coast City Council in 2011, it has been my pleasure and honor to serve my community.
In 2014, my mother-in-law and I opened Teamwork Custom Art in the heart of Bunnell. Starting with just a 500-square foot T-shirt screen printing production shop, we recently expanded into 1200 -square feet and added a showroom.
My incredible wife Rebecca, a native Floridian, is the President of the Flagler County Chamber of Commerce. Thirteen years ago we tied the knot under the oaks at the old Palm Coast Resort. That weekend we established our lifetime of love for each other and as well as a lifetime of love with Flagler County. The following year we made Palm Coast our home by building a home here.
Anticipating a grandchild, my mother Marianne joined us here in 2006. An avid knitter, she joined a knitting group at the Portuguese American Cultural Center. She now has many friends at "the club" and is learning Portuguese.
Our family was complete when our beautiful daughter Lorelei was born in 2008. Now 7, and in 2nd grade she is excelling under the school district’s exceptional focus on technology).
I love this community. Having the opportunity to grow my family, personally and professionally in this beautiful, diverse and friendly environment is more than I can ask for and I consider myself very lucky every day.
Proud to Serve:
- River to Sea Transportation Planning Organization
- James F. Holland Foundation
- Flagler County Futures Committee (Comprehensive Plan Rewrite)
- Vice Chair, Flagler County Land Development Code Advisory Committee
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Circuit 7 Juvenile Justice Council
- Lehigh Trail Management Plan Update Advisory Committee
- Association of Florida Conservation Districts
- Flagler County Chamber of Commerce Business Issues Committee
- Chair, Flagler County Chamber of Commerce Candidate Sub-Committee
- Flagler Committee for Smarter Growth
- Flagler County Association for Responsible Development
- Treasurer, Flagler County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Women's Council of REALTORS
Prepared for Success, Ready to Lead Flagler Forward In-depth Knowledge:
As the Government Affairs Director for the Home Builder’s Association, my primary function is to analyze proposed legislative actions and determine the potential impact on the small construction businesses in Flagler.
Combine that with opening a small business of my own and the experience I’ve had on the Palm Coast City Council and you will find I have a vast knowledge of the issues facing Flagler County’s residents and businesses alike.
In 2008, I was elected to the Flagler County Soil and Water Conservation District, where I served as treasurer for three years. In 2009, I provided extensive study data and legislative language to city staff to help initiate their Green Building Program. As staff liaison to the Flagler HBA Green Building Committee, I facilitated educational seminars for the public and elected officials.